Key Considerations in Health Care Product Development – An overview of the essential steps and key considerations
A one-day introductory course – April 20th, 2018 at our 2 Bridge offices in Zoersel
The health care sector finds itself in the midst of a fundamental transformation. All elements in this ecosystem are on the move: new insights in science and technology are only accelerating, leading to a vast number of innovations as never seen before; the image of how a ‘total health care solution’ will look like, is becoming more and more concrete; regulatory bodies are reconsidering their regulations, trying to keep pace with the speed of the evolutions; private and public health care insurers are looking for new models; patients and patient communities claim their role as active stakeholder; Life Sciences companies are seeking for a new position in the playing field, faced with an expanding number of new entrants, competitors and collaboration partners, …
At the same time some essential characteristics of the health care sector stay unchanged: the high risk but also high gain, the length of the development cycle, the large number of players and amount of expertise involved to bring a product to the market, the challenge of closing the gap between promising science/technology and a new patient solution, the still increasing budgets, …
This whole context condenses into taking into consideration the right elements in each step of the industrial health care development cycle. So a thorough understanding of those considerations (which ones, when at play, why they have to be taken into account, what are the implications, …) is key to maximize the chances of success.
Therefore 2 Bridge offers a one-day course on the essentials of health care product development, with particular attention to the key take-away messages in each phase. This course is developed in partnership with Janssen – Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and Deloitte.
After this training course you will have gained a clear insight into:
- the current landscape of stakeholders that are involved in discovery/ development of healthcare products
- how the stakeholders impact the development path
- the key processes that are involved in drug development
- the requirements that should be fulfilled, and should be taken into account as from the initiation of the development process
After this training course you will:
- know how your expertise connects to the other disciplines involved in healthcare product development
- have a better appreciation of the challenges in health product development
- identify crucial go/no go decisions in your development path
- Module 1: Patient-targeted drug profiling
- Module 2: Drug development stages
- Module 3: Quality, regulatory and safety requirements
- Module 4: The drug development landscape
- Practical examples to illustrate clear go/no go decisions
- Highly interactive and dynamic course in small groups
- Hands-on approach
- Applied learning: heterogenous subgroup discussions of real cases
- Start-up companies in the health care industry
- Employees of biotech/biomed/pharma companies and associations
- Academic researchers considering to start a company
- Tech transfer offices of universities
- Business developers in the health care field
- Venture capitalist and investment
The number of participants will be limited to 25, as to allow for interaction during the course.
There is no specific pre-knowledge expected.
As 2 Bridge is KMO-portefeuille-certified to give training, you might be eligible to apply for a subsidy via the KMO-portefeuille subsidy tool.
For further information on how to obtain a subsidy, please go to: https://www.vlaanderen.be/nl/ondernemen/kapitaal-en-krediet/subsidie-voor-opleiding-en-advies-voor-kmos-en-zelfstandigen-kmo-portefeuille
1-day training from 8h45 till 17h00, on Friday, April 20th, 2018
Welcome as from 8h15.
LOCATION AND PARKING
Our 2 Bridge offices are located at the foot of the bridge following exit ZOERSEL on the E34 (Eindhoven/Antwerpen) above the Frako and Cermo stores (1st floor).
Free parking can be easily found at the Park + Ride lot across the road.
For those who would like to come with public transport, there is a bus stop right in front of our office.
- Key Considerations in Health Care Product Development
April 20, 2018
8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: 2 Bridge offices